Yoga for Dancers believes that every person deserves access to proper health care, education, housing, and legal representation. The reality is that sometimes those resources either do not exist or are not readily accessible to our community. Therefore, in response to various conversations concerning a lack of safety net for artists, Yoga for Dancers created Micro Loans for Dancers.
Conceived in the summer of 2016, Micro Loans for Dancers is a no-interest loan initiative.
There are no strings. Just support.
GRANT APPLICATION INFORMATION:
If you are an artist interested in applying, please send your responses to a few short questions through the message box below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MICRO LOANS FOR DANCERS APPLICATION QUESTIONS:
1. What would you use a Micro Loan toward, and what funding amount do you request?
2. How can this funding help you further your professional or personal aspirations?
3. What does "paying it forward" mean to you, and how might you pay it forward?
4. When do you believe you may be able to repay the no-interest Micro Loan?
5. Because I am certified beehive: If you could be in any Beyoncé music video or stage performance, what would it be and why?
MICRO LOANS FOR DANCERS RECIPIENT HISTORY:
In 2016, Micro Loans for Dancers granted $150 to Chicago dancer Ki'Era Banks to support her progression through the Arts and Education program at Columbia College. In 2017, Micro Loans granted $700 to New York City dancer Kara Edwards to support the various medical bills incurred from a dance-related injury. In 2018, Micro Loans for Dancers granted Miramar dancer Halima Dodo $500 to support her enrollment in Rhapsody James's dance training program as well as $100 to Richmond dancer Geovanni Gill to support a job transition. In 2019, Micro Loans granted Chicago tapper and educator Ja'bowen Dixon a $350 micro loan to support his start-up, Dance and Delivery. In 2020, Micro Loans granted $800 to Bay Area dancer Ijay Espinoza to support housing costs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
INTERESTED IN DONATING?:
Please email email@example.com. Also, please know that your donation will go directly to the next artist in need. Thank you for considering.